Sunday, August 12, 2012

Poutine: College Student Style


While in Canada this summer, my friends introduced me to this yummy Canadian treat called Poutine.  Pronounced "poo-teen."  It is basically french fries topped with gravy and cheese curds and is highly addictive.  I knew as soon as I tried it that I would one day be sharing it with you.  I am not joking, I was on the plane going home thinking to myself all the ways I could create this simple dish myself. 

I really wanted my first post (yes, I am sure there will be future posts) about Poutine to be completely homemade.  You know, like make my own french fries in the oven and use pan drippings to make my own gravy.  But because I have never made gravy or fries from scratch, I opted for a first timers short cut.  I went to the store and came home with this...


I baked the fries according to package directions, heated up gravy in microwave, poured on top fries, sprinkled with cheese, then topped with a little salt and pepper.  This recipe is just a quick fix to my Poutine addiction.  Stay tuned for Poutine: Country Club Style.


Poutine: College Student Style

Ingredients:
1 bag frozen french fries
1 jar turkey gravy
1 pkg. mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Bake french fries according to package instructions and heat gravy on stove top or microwave.  When fries are cooked, pour gravy on top and sprinkle with cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment